Here are the 7 biggest mistakes made when using builders
- Don’t choose the wrong builder. Choose the right builder, one that has passion and attention to detail. A proven track record. Ask to see a property the builder has recently refurbished.
- Do not automatically accept the cheapest quote. You need to remember that good quality materials and a high spec increases the value significantly.
- Make sure your builder has a good understanding of what you want and can offer useful tips and suggestions or alternatives which are more practical.
- Make sure you know what you want and understand what you are getting before you start. Do not just make it up as you go along.
- Make sure you make allowances for budget and timeframe in case it goes over which it invariably does.
- Make sure you have a good repore with the builder, there is no point in having a builder you cannot communicate with.
- Do not allow a builder to talk you in to being able to stay in a property if major renovation works are being done. It’s better to wait and try and find somewhere else to stay whist the works are being done.